So many teenagers are on fire for God and want to share their faith with people around them… but how? I trust these scriptures and tips will help you win your family and friends to Jesus Christ. The following scriptures are what I call “Salvations Freeway”.
Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God“ (NIV)
Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (NIV)
Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (NIV)
Romans 10:8-10 8″But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.“ (NIV)
John 3:16-18 16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.” (NIV)
Tips for witnessing
- Always pray before sharing the Lord and ask the Holy Spirit to speak through you and to begin preparing the other persons heart.
- Remember that the first word is yours and the rest will be provided from the Holy Spirit…don’t be afraid.
- Don’t get in your friends face bad mouthing them and condemning them. You need to show the love of Jesus to them. This doesn’t mean that you approve of their sins, it means that you love them as a person. The Bible says that God loves the sinner but hates the sin.
- Look for a chance to wear a Christian t-shirt. Things like this make a huge statement to your friends at school.
- Carry your Bible to class, after a while your friends will begin to ask you questions.
- Don’t force salvation on people. Sometimes it is better to plant seeds and wait for the harvest. Leading someone to the Lord doesn’t usually happen the first day.
- Make sure your actions are Christ like. Your friends are watching you, make sure they see Christ in what you are doing.
- Listen to Christian music…even when your friends are around you.
- Invite your friends to Christian concerts, youth group and other Christian events.
- Pray for your unsaved loved ones every day. Prayer makes a big difference.
- Go out of your way to show love to the individual that you are witnessing to. Sometimes folks don’t care about what you know until they know that you care.